Tuesday 23 November 2010

Dreaming of Passage on a Black Hairy Pony.

This blog is about my beloved Bella. She is an eight year old 14hand 2ins Dales mare. Her registered name is Daloumie Arabella and she is by a stallion called Wolsey Master Oliver and out of a mare called Daloumie Melody.

My late partner, David, bought her for me when she was just a year old. We have done all our training together and by ourselves, so far. No-one else has ever so much as sat on her.

We have so far mastered Spanish Walk together, all of the lateral movements in walk and some in trot, and my dream is for us to master all the advanced movements and to compete at as high a level as we can manage - not to try to win - just to prove that an endangered rare breed pony and an ordinary rider can do just about anything if they try hard enough.

Just to be there with alongside the professionals with my little old black hairy pony who gave me her heart when I discovered clicker training a few years ago. That's my dream.

Now the hard work to achieve it begins in earnest. We have the rest of our lives together to get there, and I believe that we'll do it!!!

5 comments:

  1. And I believe you will do it too!! *S*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jean!!! If any Dales can do it, then Bella will be the one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to follow along with your progress together! And of course getting to see pictures of gorgeous Bella are totally a perk. Gotta love those hairy, black ponies. :D I'd have one if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, I remember you from EE (actually Heather reminded me how to get in touch)! A friend's youngster has just lost an eye and she wants to start him on the clicker. I thought of Jack. Is there anything on your work with Jack that I can get my hands on? No longer member of EE so can't pull off your old blog there. Please please help, this friend is so shocked but determined to work through this with her horse. Thanks so much steph.buller@gmail.com

    Bella is gorgeous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, achieve1dream. Black hairy ponies rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It was lovely to hear from you again, Stephanie, and to have an email chat. Hope all goes well with your friend's horse.

    ReplyDelete